On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 06:18:20AM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote: > Karl Dahlke writes: > > > A good point - presetting a version number is a form of > > prognostication, > > If we used 3.5.4.git, this is just a guess at what > the next version number might be, and we can change that guess if we > need to do that. > I'd be fine with something like 3.5.3+, though, since it indicates that > we're working on whatever comes after 3.5.3. Same here, I don't really mind either way. There're so many different ways to do version strings that this could turn into a *very* long discussion. I've always quite liked the year.release.bugfix numbering myself (i.e. 2015.1 or 2015.1.1 if we have a minor bug that we fix) but again I don't particularly care. I equally see the benefit of 3.5.4.git or 3.5.3+ which can then be changed to 3.6 if we make the major changes we have planned, or 3.5.4 if we don't (though I'd have a minor preference for 3.5.3+ if I had to choose between the two). Cheers, Adam.