* [Edbrowse-dev] versioning
@ 2015-02-18 10:35 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-02-18 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> do we want to decide what is going to go in the next version
> and whether that wants to stay a 3.5 (or even really a 3 for that matter).

A good point - presetting a version number is a form of prognostication,
of which I have never been very good.
Our mode has been to make a bunch of changes, stop and take a breath,
look back, and set a new version based on what we did.
Not sure we can work any other way.
So maybe we call it 3.5.3.plus,
and when we're done we'll advance it to something else.
If we do indeed start using a library we didn't use before, I think,
subjectively, more an art than a science, that we jump to 3.6.0.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] versioning
@ 2015-02-18 14:18 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-02-18 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> A good point - presetting a version number is a form of
> prognostication,

If we used 3.5.4.git, this is just a guess at what
the next version number might be, and we can change that guess if we
need to do that.
I'd be fine with something like 3.5.3+, though, since it indicates that
we're working on whatever comes after 3.5.3.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] versioning
@ 2015-02-18 22:32   ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-02-18 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)