* [Edbrowse-dev] Plugin Converters
@ 2015-04-15  6:20 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-04-15  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Plugins that convert files into text or html are now employed by the browse command.
In other words, the call to /usr/bin/pdftohtml is no longer hard coded.
Here again is my pdf block.

plugin {
type = pdf
desc = pdf file
suffix = pdf
content = application/pdf
program = pdftohtml -i -noframes %i %o >/dev/null 2>&1
#  outtype makes it a converter, h for html or t for text
outtype = H
}

This means you are free to try other pdf converters if you wish,
or rich text or word docs or open docs etc.
There is pdf to text that I haven't tried,
because I rather like keeping the hyperlinks.

Karl Dahlke