On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 05:40:53PM -0400, Karl Dahlke wrote: > I made one common routine to protect a file name or directory name from > shell expansion, it's the same code I was using before, but now it is shared > between the directory scan and the plugin commands. > Ok, that's good software practice, but it exposed a bug > that I think was there all along. > You can't edit a directory with a backslash in it. > > mkdir "a\\b" > cd a?b > touch foo bar > cd .. > edbrowse a?b > > Try it before or after my latest push. > The files therein just don't show up, > because wordexp doesn't expand a\\b/* properly. > and that is the proper escaping. > At the shell prompt > ls a\\b/* > works fine. > And it all works through the plugin system, i.e. a\b.pdf becomes > pdftohtml a\\b.pdf > This seems to be a bug in wordexp, at least my wordexp, > and I'm really not sure what to do about it. I can reproduce it, but I wasn't aware we were passing these to wordexp. I'll look into this if you want. Cheers, Adam.