On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 09:33:11AM -0400, Karl Dahlke wrote: > > Basically the "quick check" in envFile is just wrong and needs to go since it > > And yet, I feel like this check was doing something from the user's perspective. > Like maybe edbrowse only tries to expand a filename through the shell > if you really intended that it do that. > So it wouldn't try to expand just because the file had a parenthesis or some such. > Maybe that doesn't matter IDK. > And is this really involved at all in the directory backslash bug that started this thread? Yep, removed it and the bug went away. I've pushed the fix as is since I think that most of the time it'll do what we expect. The way I look at it, if you use the command line with file names with special chars in them you probably have to escape them anyway. This way we get a consistant behaviour rather than broken shell expansions and other oddness. I still need to do the readline tab completion fix, that's a little more difficult. Cheers, Adam.