On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 06:25:31PM -0400, Karl Dahlke wrote: > Reversing the sense of the leading ` is, I think, an interesting idea. > There are no side effects unless you ask for them, and it would fix a bug > that you introduced, wherein r5, > to read the fifth buffer into the current buffer, no longer works. > It doesn't work because 5 runs through wordexp and there is no file called 5. > I use this feature a hundred times a day, to cut and paste text > between sessions. Oops, yeah, that's an unfortunate one. I've pushed the change since I had the patch handy. Once we get used to it I think it makes sense as a change since ` now means shell expand with all that that implies. Cheers, Adam.