* [Edbrowse-dev] tidy5 and versions
@ 2015-08-24 11:54 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-08-24 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

We stand on the edge of pushing a change that will require tidy5.
It's cautious, doesn't do anything except run the html through tidy,
in parallel with everything else we are doing,
then free the tidy tree when the window is freed.
Just to get us started, to make sure tidy doesn't seg fault etc.
But it will change the way edbrowse is built.
We now need another library etc.
Should we, and I kinda think we should, stamp another version, 3.5.4.2,
before we jump into the tidy pool?
Some work has been done since 3.5.4.1, some bug fixes, some cosmetics,
and the framework for imap, including a simple move delete interface.
Chris before you push Kevin's tidy patch, maybe stamp 3.5.4.2.

After we are using tidy to parse html,
and I hope this isn't a long time coming, we may want to jump up to 3.6.

Karl Dahlke