* [Edbrowse-dev] various ls commands
@ 2015-09-23 19:11 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-09-23 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

These are in directory mode only, and not yet documented,
because we're still playing around.
lsl length of current file
lss approximate size
lst time
lsp owner group permissions
ls i inode
lsk number of hard links
lsm major minor numbers
ls same ls ls s t

Now I realize this isn't quite what people are looking for.
Some folks would like the directives to be applied to all the files
in a directory scan, and that could be done, but it touches a lot of code
and I'm not diving into all that just yet,
though the above routines will help in this effort.
If a line said
whatever.c 27389 09/22/2015 08:31
Then that's what I print, and write to a file,
but on the delete command I only access the first part of the line,
the file name, to delete,
and for substitute rename the file again I only access the first part.
Probably the same for the shorthand '.
So sometimes it's the whole line sometimes part of the line,
and it's not hard, just edious, so I didn't jump in.
Let's play with these for now and see what we think.

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-09-23 19:07 UTC | newest]