* [Edbrowse-dev] Geoff's commit for windows portability
@ 2015-09-26 19:31 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-09-26 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev; +Cc: ubuntu

I have pulled it from his clone and pushed it to the master.
This represents a lot of work, and I am thanking him publically for his efforts.

A few notes.

His commit created startwindow.c as a source file.
This is an easy mistake to make, it ends in .c after all -
but it's not a source file.
I pushed a follow-on change to remove it.
Also remember to place src/startwindow.c in your .gitignore file.

Geoff commented out my call to our tidy reporter and
calls his own, which just returns yes and prints all the errors all the time.
We don't want that.
We only want to see the html errors at a certain debug level.
For normal browsing of the net there are zillions of tidy errors
and we surely don't want to see them.
I changed this and once again am calling our reporter.
If there's something important I don't understand about this
please let me know.

With these minor points, his changes are pushed and we should look through them
and understand what he's doing to bring this to life in windows.
There are still a few things on the todo list,
the big one being communication between the two processes,currently handled by pipes.
Not sure if this ports to windows.
We could switch to ipc messages if need be, or,
as mentioned in an earlier post, put the two processes back together
and then there is no communication trouble.
Don't know the answer here, but until then
the windows edbrowse will have no functioning javascript.
You can still edit and browse jsrt,
javascript regression test, but disable js before you browse.
There are still things to exercise in that file.
Set db3 and submit the form and verify it is sending
the values you selected, etc.
I know some of you have windows machines; you might want to give it a whirl.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Geoff's commit for windows portability
@ 2015-09-27 17:28 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2015-09-27 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev, ubuntu

Thank you, Geoff!