* [Edbrowse-dev] nested anchors
@ 2015-10-01 10:40 Karl Dahlke
       [not found] ` <CA+Pgot+mTy_4efnhF77Q=-XESyvHLHto3FtdEycQB_Dq2F26Dw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-10-01 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ubuntu, Edbrowse-dev

Here is a behavior of tidy that is not terrible,
but a bit confusing.
I ran into html like this today.

Edbrowse renders this as nested hyperlinks

{link1 {link2 {link3}}}

This works, as long as you remember that a link is marked by open brace,
not close brace or the text in between.
but it really should render as

{link1} {link2} {link3}

The reason is that the second <A> tag does not close off the first.
They are all closed off at the end.
If an early anchor happens to miss its </a> tag,
then the entire document, the entire web page, could be enclosed in the hyperlink.

Karl Dahlke

@ 2015-10-01 16:56   ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-10-01 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ubuntu; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

Wel as I say, this one isn't vital,
and as you say, likely edbrowse rendering could turn
nested anchors into serial anchors if we wished.
I think it is a very rare situation and probably not worth a lot of time and effort.

Karl Dahlke