On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 01:05:45PM -0400, Karl Dahlke wrote: > > Doesn't this miss the also destructive > Yes it does, but "" does not seem to appear in the wild. > In other words, web developers and generators are careful not to crank out > the string "......" because anywhere ends the script. > My parser has made this assumption for ten years, and it's pretty reliable. > > They're more than happy to write > var a = ""; > the latter often written as > var a = ""; > This too generates a tidy warning, because or but it does not cause trouble and does not derail the script. > So my early research suggests we're ok here. Ok that makes sense. In which case I'm unclear as to why tidy5 wouldn't handle