* [Edbrowse-dev] readline input segfault
@ 2015-11-14 10:52 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-11-14 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Hi all,

For a while I've suspected that there's a segfault in the readline input mode of edbrowse.
For various reasons I've now got a little time to debug this,
and it looks like there's an issue between the dynamic allocation used by
readline and the static line length limit used by edbrowse.
The easiest fix would be to read everything in with readline and then only take
the amount that'll fit into the statically allocated array,
but that way we potentially silently (or not so silently) drop user input.
I'm wondering if now would be the time to switch to readline based input
throughout unless there are good reasons (Windows port?) not to do this?

Cheers,
Adam.