From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev]  Accessing fastmail
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 08:24:26 -0500	[thread overview]

Chuck, this sort of error

> There was a session security key mismatch.

is almost certainly a cookie problem.
Websites set cookies that "remember" the session
and if the cookie is not returned in kind the server invalidates the session.
This goes back to another email posted, wherein the login button
has an onsubmit function that sets the cookie,
probably the session cookie described above.
So I imagine this session cookie is not set properly in js,
back to edbrowse, and into curl, or some such.
The cookie code posted seems incompatible with
what the document.cookie settter function expects.

use_classic=1;max-age=604800;expires=Fri, 25 Dec 2015 01:52:50GMT;path=/

All run together no spaces.
However, look through the foldinCookie() function in jseng-moz.cpp.
I think it expects spaces after the semis though that isn't the problem,
it definitely expects a tab between the cookie itself
and the expires path attributes.
In other words, I'm not sure this is netscape cookie format.

1. What can really be fed to document.cookie in js.

2. Did you post this per characters, is this really the string
that foldinCookie has to swallow?

3. If yes then how does it magically know what are cookies
and what are cookie attributes, without the tab?

Again I don't have a login here, but Maybe Kevin and Chuck can answer some of these,
and Chris as our resident cookie expert.

Again, if we fix this problem for this site a lot of other sites
will start working; the session cookie is a very
common strategy on the internet.

Karl Dahlke