From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev] Rebundle
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:13:57 -0500	[thread overview]

Ok - the latest commit rebundles the files so that
http.c and auth.c are now part of the common library,
shared between the two processes.
We can now use our existing machinery to make http requests
from inside javascript objects - at least I think we can.

Kevin, please have a look and see what it would take to call httpConnect.
In other words, you should not have to use curl directly any more.
(Though we do have to initialize curl, and the http curl handle,
which I forgot to do.)

This is one of those commits where a diff won't help you.
It looks like I added 1000 lines and deleted 900,
but really I just moved some functions and variables around
to make both processes load correctly.
It's not as monsterous a change as it looks.

Both processes read the config file in exactly the same way.
With this working, I removed one of the arguments passed into edbrowse-js.
arg3 was the size of the js pool, which edbrowse use to pass to edbrowse-js,
but no need, because edbrowse-js now reads the same information.
And the same will be true of all your proxy servers, and the novs sites that you don't
want certificates, and the CA file, and other such things.

But it's not quite that simple.
There are a couple of dynamic changes made in edbrowse
which will have to pass to edbrowse-js,
probably by some new messages.

vs disable certificates

ua change the user agent

sr send referrer

401 authorization establish a password for a url.
You don't want to have to type in your password twice,
once for each process.

These are the only ones I can think of right now.
It would be sweet if there was a shared memory block for this stuff,
and no need to pass messages when these change,
but shared memory is not available in windows,
so I don't want to go there.

I changed CMakeLists.txt but didn't test that.
I added -lcurl to the js process in the makefile,
but it looks like I didn't need to do that in cmake.
It looks like one list of libraries is made with everything
and then applied to both processes, if I'm reading it right.
Well I'm sure someone will let me know.

Enjoy.

Karl Dahlke