On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 08:55:26PM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote: > Karl Dahlke writes: > > > is it possible to have edbrowse check at run time > > whether it has the correct and latest tidy, and issue a warning message if it does not? > > Here's the problem. > The old tidy code defined tidyReleaseDate. > tidy-html5 defines tidyLibraryVersion and tidyReleaseDate, but they > claim that tidyReleaseDate is deprecated. So I don't know how long that > will be available. > For now, tidy-html5 is a drop-in replacement for the original tidy, so I > suppose I could look at tidyReleaseDate to determine whether we're using > old tidy code. > A better solution would be to check at build time. > That's quite doable with cmake, and I'm starting to get a handle on how > to use it, so maybe that's the way to go. Definitely, otherwise we leave ourselves open to all sorts of strangeness in the future. > That begs a question. At some point, should we consider deprecating all > of our makefiles? I was actually planning to send an email asking this, particularly as I've now been successfully building with cmake on a bunch of Debian machines. On the subject of cmake, is there any chance we could add an install (and even uninstall) rule just to make everything a bit more standard and in case we ever need to compile parts of the code as shared objects? Cheers, Adam.