On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 10:56:03AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > > I could revise this now, but I'm inclined to wait a while, because > > it sounds like you might be about to supercede it with increments > > Oh I don't know, your submissions are always helpful. > And our revisions may well be transparent to your work. > In other words, you call httpConnect() either way, > and it might call curl locally, as it does now, > or it may send a request to a curl server and give you the response, > but the function call is likely to be the same anyways. Agreed. > So I'd say press on; the only question is whether we paste it in > or wait, whether it adds value as it is in its synchronous mode, > whether it accesses more websites or causes unexpected trouble, or both. > It's a judgment call. > Usually I say "put it in", but that's me. How about a toggle? Karl could that work? Like an xhr command to toggle whether xhr actually made connections or not. If off it'd print a warning informing the user it's disabled and do... something... preferably to not break js but to tell it that we don't have fully working xhr support. I'd suggest we design such a toggle to be a permenant feature since I for one would like to be able to switch this off in certain cases. Cheers, Adam.