On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:05:28PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > I know about domain sockets, but heard they were not available on windows. > If they were then we could create various /tmp/.edbrowse/sockets > and bounce through those. That's my thoughts also. I seem to remember Windows had something like them or at least some other method of IPC which doesn't involve network ports. I'm not particularly comfortable with ports tbh. I suspect whatever we do will have to have some differences between Unix and Windows, hence why I'd like a more generic IPC interface. Cheers, Adam.