On Fri, Jan 01, 2016 at 02:27:44PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > Well as I say it's not so much for me, but others, > so you can drive it. Ok, thanks. > Please comment on possible UI > > Base command is pd, which means progress of download > or print dots, as you prefer. > > pdq quiet, no feedback > pdd print dots as is done today, one per megabyte > pdp print download by percents, like fsck does and many other programs. > pdc print the byte count amount/total 100 times on approximate percent boundaries > or would you prefer 7/235 7 megabytes out of 235 megabytes, at a fixed rate? Probably the latter. My main issue with percentages is with large files where the percentages can take a while to update, so I'd rather see the size based update at a fixed rate, that way I can see if the download's stauled for some reason. I do lots of work over VPNs etc where this happens depressingly often. Cheers, Adam.