On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 11:09:30AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > For the js engine, invoke > edbrowse --runjs > for the curl server, invoke > edbrowse --runcurl > and so on for as many variations as we wish, never having to change makefiles > or CMakeLists.txt again. > And we can throw away all that code around ebjs.c line 67, > because all you have to do is run argv[0] with different arguments. Makes sense. > If argv[1] is one of our magic strings, set whichproc appropriately > and run in that mode. > > Perhaps magic string arguments aren't your cup of tea, > but it's far better than all the build / distribution issues, and symlinks or copies > of renamed images in the correct bins, and so on. > Geoff is on this list now, so feel free to chime in and tell us > that this is definitely the way to go. I think I'd probably have a --mode js option, but that's because I've been thinking it'd also be nice to have a few other options like --config to override the default .ebrc. Tbh though, --runjs, --runcurl etc don't bother me that much. It certainly beats the multiple copies of the same binary option. Cheers, Adam.