Hi, Karl Dahlke schrieb am 22.01.2016, 9:30 -0500: >> edbrowse https://portal.slm.tu-dresden.de >> cannot browse a binary file >> I presume that's a bug? Is there anything I can do to help resolving this issue? > >Not a bug technically, it's a feature not yet implemented. >Save the data to a file and run /bin/file on it and get this > >HTML document, Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode text Ah right. >The problem is utf-16, which edbrowse does not recognize. >This has been discussed on the group. >It is very rare on the internet and becoming rarer still, This is partially true. Especially for Asian languages, UTF-16 is a better choice than UTF8. Not true for the above site though. Anyway, there's http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/include/llvm/Support/ConvertUTF.h. That should provide a conversion function for both UTF-32->UTF-8 and UTF-16->UTF-8 (together with the appropriate C file, of course). Wouldn't it be easy to just detect UTF-16 and convert it to UTF-8 before doing anything else? Cheers Sebastian -- Web: http://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch) | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/blog FreeDict: Free multilingual dictionaries - http://www.freedict.org Freies Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: http://www.crustulus.de/freedict.de.html