On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 07:47:18AM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote: > Karl Dahlke writes: > > > Well we've all been corresponding long enough to know my answer to that one; > > do as much as you can in start js: > > Right. It has so many benefits. I wonder if there's any way of making > the code in startwindow tamper-proof, so that it cannot be replaced by > the outside world. Also it would be nice if some methods and fields > could be only visible to code in startwindow, while not being visible to > the outside world. I don't think we can do that, but I'm going to > research it. As far as I know we can't with smjs, which scares me a little given all the AJAX machinary we're looking at. However, if we can make our native http fetching machinary work correctly we *may* be ok. I think I'd rather the get and post bits were native so we can make them read-only (I think) and make sure they can't be switched by outside code. > > Chris, would you rather I, or someone else, took over the official github hosting and edbrowse.org? > > I primarily passed them to you because I'm older and will likely die > > sooner, > > Well, I have no problem coordinating, hosting this list, etc etc. > As it stands, our source downloads are now all hosted on Github. Github > will automatically generate an archive for each tagged release, so > there's no need to host them on edbrowse.org as well. > I do still have to manage the static binaries myself. And the build > process is quite finnicky. I'll keep doing that. Don't panic, I'm not > going away. I'm also able to help if any is required. Out of interest, and on a slightly unrelated note, anyone know whos maintaining the netBSD package in pkgsrc? Cheers, Adam.