On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 11:47:08AM -0800, Kevin Carhart wrote: > >It depends on time zones etc, but I've certainly got time this week. > > Great - I am around also. Maybe let's get calibrated and this will > supercede confusion over the time zones. Right now it's 11:30 AM in > California. Ok, according to the date header that's -0800 offset so it's now 11:30 (approx) in utc, which should make it 03:30 in the morning for you? Hmmm, any idea what time/how you'd be online to work? Any preference as to IM clients etc? > When I sit down to try to do something, I generally resort to fixing > cases from the inside out. Do you think it would be good to take a set of > tests like Acid3 and work off of that? It seems like we need an > intermediate point which is both an implementation of the spec approach, > but also gives you a series of specific things to say "this passed," "this > failed." Find-and-fix has problems because it's just one thing after the > next, forever, with no way of knowing if you have ten or a hundred > remaining. Going to the W3 consortium and getting the spec document has > problems because it is hard to know where to begin or how to translate what > you're reading into an attainable task. Agreed, I like the set of tests method personally, particularly seeing as how many devs seem to take a "I'll use it like this because it works" approach to the spec which means that one could only end up implementing a partial "fix" and miss some important use-cases. I'm going to take a look at acid3 I think and see what I can find.