Ok Kevin, all that free software is just too irresistable! I put both functions in startwindow.js and pushed, so everybody have a look. The css parser works like a dream! You can even do it stand alone. duk -i startwindow.js parser = new cssjs; list = parser.parseCSS(css_string); list is an array of the css descriptors in the string. Each is an object with members: selector, rules, comment. The selector is something like "p.snork". Rules is another array of all the keyword value pairs like bgcolor = white It's so simple and clean. I took the ridiculous