* [Edbrowse-dev] Radio Caroline wants doc.implementation
@ 2017-09-25  5:45 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-09-25  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Thanks for implementing canvas and the other thing.  I went in and tried
it again to find out what's next.

The good news is that the new batbelt of utilities is lovely.  Using
demin and showscripts, I found out that the jquery used by radiocaroline
is asking for document.implementation at deminned line 3115:

         var a = d.implementation.createHTMLDocument('').body;

Does implementation ring any bells?  I have seen it around.  It's in
thatcher.  But I never understood what it was for.  I'm reading around a
little, and I guess it is for something a little similar to innerhtml-
creating a document object based on a flat string of tags.

Any idea how to get this out of our hair?

* [Edbrowse-dev] Radio Caroline wants doc.implementation
@ 2017-09-25 12:46 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2017-09-25 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Ok, implementation.createHTMLDocument is implemented as best I understand it,
and the sample program in
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/DOMImplementation/createHTMLDocument
runs properly.
Now radio caroline moves on to something else and generates lots of "cannot fetch local javascript" messages,
which means it has gone somewhere wherein it is not calling resolveURL to turn that relative path into an absolute url.
Must be down in the next xhr or something...

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Radio Caroline wants doc.implementation
@ 2017-09-26  2:53   ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-09-26  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Thank you!  Do you know what it's for?  It seems redundant with something
else, like what does it provide that
iframe.contentDocument doesn't?  And why is there
something called implementation to manage it?

Maybe ours is not to reason why.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> Ok, implementation.createHTMLDocument is implemented as best I understand it,
> and the sample program in
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/DOMImplementation/createHTMLDocument
> runs properly.
> Now radio caroline moves on to something else and generates lots of "cannot fetch local javascript" messages,
> which means it has gone somewhere wherein it is not calling resolveURL to turn that relative path into an absolute url.
> Must be down in the next xhr or something...
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists

* [Edbrowse-dev] Radio Caroline wants doc.implementation
@ 2017-09-26  4:01     ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2017-09-26  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I fixed the fetch local javascript bug.
It was subtle, executing scripts out of order, and in the wrong frames, wherein the base url was wrong and the url didn't resolve and blah blah blah.
Fortunately the fix was only a few lines of code.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev] fetch local / progress on carrier lookup
@ 2017-09-26  5:50       ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-09-26  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

> I fixed the fetch local javascript bug.

Awesome.  Thank you.

I have exciting progress to report on freecarrierlookup.com

We are very close.  Here's the issue.  Is there some way we can allow
elements to act as clickables when they are not a traditional HTML button,
but basically anything like an image or a span, yet they have event code attached?

freecarrierlookup's submit button is a type="image"

The exciting thing about freecarrierlookup is that all of the other steps
work.  You can actually go to jdb and trigger the function that the submit
is supposed to trigger: showCarrier.
This goes to xhr.  xhr loads the subject matter
(the entry about the phone number you asked for).  A callback places this
in a div with id txtHint.  innerHTML side effect works beautifully.  When
you exit out of jdb, the information has made it back to edbrowse!

Here's the image with the onclick.
<input type="image" src="images/search2.png"
onmouseover="this.src='images/search2hi.png'"
onmouseout="this.src='images/search2.png'"
onclick="showCarrier(document.getElementById('small').value,
document.getElementById('large').value);return false"/>

Tyler also asked about something on the site fanfiction.net which I think
in part is a related issue of event handlers on arbitrary elements that we
haven't earmarked as being interactive.

I think there is a lot of transforming of elements on the fly using JS and
CSS.  It could say <cat> and be made to woof like a dog through the magic
of simply overriding everything and assuming all responsibility
for managing the suppression of the cat behaviors and coding all
of the canine ones.

* [Edbrowse-dev] fetch local / progress on carrier lookup
@ 2017-09-26 11:57         ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2017-09-26 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I made some changes that really made my head spin, but they seem to work.
See the last push; I won't describe them all here.
With that done, http://freecarrierlookup.com works, and works beautifully.
I'll update the wiki on texting via edbrowse, cause this just makes everything so much easier.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev] freecarrierlookup
@ 2017-09-26 23:29           ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-09-26 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

It does!  I am really proud of this.  Great work everyone!

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> I made some changes that really made my head spin, but they seem to work.
> See the last push; I won't describe them all here.
> With that done, http://freecarrierlookup.com works, and works beautifully.
> I'll update the wiki on texting via edbrowse, cause this just makes everything so much easier.
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists