Ok, there are maybe 3 of us, at most, who debug edbrowse using jdb, and I'm one of them. Sometimes I type in a long hairy expression this.that.whatever[foo][bar] and I get an answer, and maybe it's just [object]. There's no information in that. I have to type all that stuff in again and assign it to a variable, or put ok() around it or whatever. It's annoying. Now, I'm a long time bc user, partly because I'm a math guy. In bc, dot as a stand alone entity is the last value printed. Try it, bring up bc, and enter 3+4, and then enter a dot and it will say 7. That would be awfully awfully nice in jdb. If I want to know more about what just came up I could say x = . just to put it in a variable, and then work with x, and I don't have to type all that in again. For consistency then, dot on its own should reprint the value, but dot on its own exits jdb. Well sure, dot on its own exits data entry in edbrowse. That's where it came from, but I'd rather have dot be the last value. Now qt is another way to exit but I almost don't like that one. If you thought you were in jdb and weren't, and type qt, all of edbrowse goes away. q might be the best way to exit, as long as you don't use the variable q. Another way is bye, which ftp has used for 30 years, or even exit, or quit, which is the way out of bc. So for the 3 people who do this, would . as last value be useful, (I can already answer yest to that one), and if we do that, what is the best and least confusing way or ways to exit jdb? Also, are there any edbrowse commands that jdb should perhaps honor? An obvious example is db to change debug levels. At times I wish it would honor e1 e2 etc, to move to another edbrowse session where I am doing something else, and I could switch back to this session and still be in jdb, right now I have to exit jdb, e2 somewhere else, e1 back, and then go back into jdb. If I don't get any comments I'll do whatever I please, since none of this affects the users, it's just for developers. Karl Dahlke