* [Edbrowse-dev] protocol handlers and outputting to buffer
@ 2018-01-26 18:01 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2018-01-26 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Hi,

Whilst messing around with protocol handlers in edbrowse (specifically to make a gopher plugin), I found that the protocol based plugin support has no support for outputting to the buffer as in the converter plugin support.
Specifically, whereas running a converter plugin allows a pipe, the protocol handlers in http.c always call the command using eb_system().
Is there any reason for this or would it be possible to use the command running code from runPluginConverter (may be by pulling out into a generic function so the return codes work) in the protocol handler running code in http.c?
This'd allow other protocols to be added as plugins whilst still keeping the edbrowse interface for cases where one wants to download (and possibly preprocess) using an unsupported protocol
but display and interact using the edbrowse buffers.

If there's no objections to the change I can make the change as I've some time this weekend.

Cheers,
Adam.