* [edbrowse-dev] ACM, BibTeX link
@ 2018-04-25 14:09 Sebastian Humenda
From: Sebastian Humenda @ 2018-04-25 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hi all

When I click on {BibTeX} at
https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1519135

It says line 1-2 updated. However, I'm unable to find the lines being updated.
The message suggests that line 1 and 2 were updated, but they remain unchanged.
Is this a bug or a usage issue?

Cheers
Sebastian
--
Web: https://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: https://www.crustulus.de/blog
FreeDict: Free multilingual dictionaries - http://www.freedict.org

* [edbrowse-dev] ACM, BibTeX link
@ 2018-04-25 14:23 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-04-25 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Lines 1 and 2 are updated before you click on that link; maybe you were typing ahead.

However, the link does not work, as seen in db3

	ColdFusion.Window.show: Window not found, id: theformats

There is a complex interframe interaction that we don't have rolling at this point.
This should probably go on Kevin's list of sites to work on.

Karl Dahlke

* [edbrowse-dev] ACM, BibTeX link
@ 2018-05-09 12:31 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-05-09 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shumenda, edbrowse-dev

> When I click on {BibTeX} ...

I dropped down and read the html / javascript, and what it is suppose to do is
go to

https://dl.acm.org/exportformats.cfm?id=1519135&expformat=bibtex

That is indeed your bibliography text.
It doesn't get that far because of a js error in ColdFusion.
I believe (not sure) that ColdFusion is a higher level wrapper around js, like jQuery and several others.
So if you went to all the bother of learning jQuery, no small task, that doesn't help you here.
The great thing about standards is, there are so many of them.
I'm not sure why the call to ColdFusion.window.show is failing; maybe I or someone else can track it down.
Meantime you can unbrowse, look for BibTeX, see the file to access, paste the url together, and call it up, gross as that is!

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [edbrowse-dev] ACM, BibTeX link
@ 2018-05-09 15:10   ` Sebastian Humenda
From: Sebastian Humenda @ 2018-05-09 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)