From: Adam Thompson <arthompson1990@gmail.com>
To: edbrowse-dev@edbrowse.org
Subject: [edbrowse-dev] Google with js apparently infinitely redirecting
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 18:46:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Sorry I've not looked into this one personally (other than observing it) but
I've had no time.  I noticed fairly recently (last week or two) that
googling anything with js enabled seems to lead to the infinite redirect
problem or so it appears.  It certainly will happily redirect until google
thinks I'm a robot and wants me to complete <something which doesn't show
properly> to prove I'm not.  I can send more debug info if that'd be useful
since it may only happen to UK users but I suspect it'll be rather easy to
reproduce (my edbrowse is built from the latest code in the github repo).

What's interesting is that I just noticed the page loads far enough for the
next stage of the function I'm using to search for the results and find them
before it goes crazy.  I also just tried googling without the <gg function
and it still goes into an infinite redirect loop.

Cheers,
Adam.