From: Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@codewreck.org>
To: edbrowse-dev@edbrowse.org
Subject: Re: [edbrowse-dev] spurious empty buffers from textareas
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 01:15:54 +0100	[thread overview]

Tyler Spivey wrote on Wed, Jan 09, 2019:
> What will this do if there's text in that field already? My vote
> would be to say something like <buffer text>, and then let the
> command just put that in. 99% of the time I'm not going to care
> about whatever pre-filled text there is unless I'm filling out the
> form.

Agreed to that, the command whatever it is probably should insert the
text in the buffer at the time we use it.

I'd actually be daring and suggest that the command would also print
what the current buffer is and switch to the new buffer.
There are two things here:
 - printing the current buffer is mostly a personal opinion. I don't use
buffers all that much so when I do I'm always a bit unsure where I
should come back to; it's not really necessary. I might actually just
have been missing that 'e' without a number prints it..
 - switching automatically is more interesting, but also probably more
controversial. I think if someone says itext or whatever they will want
to use that buffer, so they will eventually switch to it, so why not
now? But on the other hand a command switching buffers might surprise
new people...

Discuss!
--
Dominique