I guess you would have to show me where the location.search(stuff) as a function is, because I find it as a string all over, even in the baseball site. cloud.js lines 42, 589, 1551, 6062, etc. If you stretch your mind to the limit you could imagine the getter returning a function that is string.match but it has a toString() function that is the string you want, so if the code coerces it to a string it will be right, but that's the only way, and most of the time the code doesn't coerce it to a string so it will be an object and blow up. So no you can't have your cake and eat it too. More likely there's something wrong with the parameters being passed in, like maybe the location object should have been coererced to string before it was passed. Anyways I'd have to look at it for real. Karl Dahlke