I made the feature available to you-all, by the jsbg command, but I'm not optimistic about it. It's complex, might have race conditions, could have even more if switched over to threads, and doesn't seem to speed things up in the simple tests I ran. I make it available though because it does work on the server that Chris and I share, where curl uses openssl. this generally has less problems across the board, and I wish my distro (fedora) did that but they don't (sigh). So I guess it will work for most of you, and is worth playing with I guess. When things are cached it really doesn't matter too much, which is why I did most of my tests with cachesize = 0 which supresses caching. In nasa, 3 of the 12 scripts are asynchronous, so if I implemented that, where you're not waiting for those three, it might speed up a bit. I don't know; I'm gonna take a step back and chill for a bit. Meantime, you might not want to dive into all sorts of threadwork unless you're convinced the feature really does help. Karl Dahlke