I could use your help here. Line 1680 is there because acid test 17 says that getAttribute of id should not return the id unless it was set by setAttribute, or that is the way I interpreted it at some point. These various implicitMember functions are suppose to be exceptions, times when you don't getAttribute unless you did an earlier setAttribute. Same for "class" acid test 61. Maybe I'm not interpreting the acid tests right, maybe I just need someone else to take a second look. I have acid3 in the github source, it is my version of the original page, but I think it is true to that page, with my comments and changes of course. Karl Dahlke