* [edbrowse-dev] building on ubuntu
@ 2019-09-02  6:32 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2019-09-02  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Hi Geoff

I have hit these SSL/curl errors a few times when building on ubuntu and I
saved some notes of how I got it to work.  I am not sure I recognize
ComSign_CA.pem so maybe you are hitting something a little different -
not sure, but here is what I recorded in May:

20190519112839 - Ugh, openssl error with some combination of curl, wget
and edbrowse.  I did actually find out that it works if you send certain
arguments to configure:
cd ~
sudo apt-get build-dep curl
wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.46.0.tar.bz2
tar -xvjf curl-7.46.0.tar.bz2
cd curl-7.46.0
./configure --with-nghttp2 --with-ssl --with-libssl-prefix=/usr/local/ssl
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
20190519112951 - Basically, you have to build both from source.  For curl,
you have to use the above.  The whole thing is written up at
https://askubuntu.com/questions/475670/how-to-build-curl-with-the-latest-openssl/475677