* [edbrowse-dev] Another curl question
@ 2019-09-03 20:10 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2019-09-03 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

This happens on my relatively old machine and on a newer machine.

In edbrowse and with db4

e http://iyfsearch.com/px.js?ch=2

It asks if you want to download, just hit space to pull it into memory.
It is a regular fetch and it goes into cache. No problem.

Quit edbrowse and bring it up again. db4 and do the same thing.

e http://iyfsearch.com/px.js?ch=2

It sees it in cache and just does a head request.
The server should give you the same etag and you pull it out of cache, but,
curl says "could not read the data from the server"
Thus the file is not fetched at all
It looks like we get all the right stuff from the server.

What gives?
What happens when other browsers issue head requests?

Karl Dahlke