* [edbrowse-dev] Hard Interrupt
@ 2019-09-11 14:03 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2019-09-11 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

It's always fun to play with threads.

A week ago I mentioned a site that falls into an infinite js loop,
and sadly this is not unusual.
Nothing to do but kill edbrowse and start over.

Well I'm trying something new that is not great but better than sigquit or sigterm.
If you keep hitting ^C, and you've been locked out for 45 seconds,
I kill the current thread and spawn a new one.
You are back to edbrowse, and you can review all your files in all your sessions,
and call up new web pages etc.
However, javascript is disabled.
duktape was forcibly stopped in the middle of operations, and it has no way to recover from that.
You can turn it on again, but it's at your own risk.
Could lead to a seg fault.

I would probably turn javascript on again long enough to run snapshot(), to start debugging.

After this hard interrupt, ^c doesn't work any more, at all.
I don't know why.
Something about threads and signals and such I'm sure.
So you can't interrupt out of anything else.
You probably want to clean up everything and restart edbrowse.

to test, make an html file that includes

<script>
while(true) {
document.body.style;
}
</script>

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-11 14:03 UTC | newest]