* [edbrowse-dev] Gopher item type 7
@ 2019-08-22 17:46 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2019-08-22 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hi,

On the gopher users mailing list someone was asking about clients so, of
course, I suggested adding edbrowse to the list.  This prompted me to refresh my
memory of our gopher support.  It looks like it works relatively well apart
from item type "7".  This should be a form which allows one to enter keywords
which are passed like a get query to the relevant selector.  However, in
edbrowse these are rendered as hyperlinks like all other item types (with
the exception of "3" and "i").  I had a brief go at fixing this but ran
into a couple of issues:
- When entering keywords in the newly rendered form they vanished after a
  rerender event.
- The form wouldn't submit as, apparently, edbrowse only supports form
  submission via http and https.

In addition, I still need to check how edbrowse would submit the form as I
think the rules may be a bit different, i.e.  I think there shouldn't be a
field name in the query (search) string.

As an example of where this functionality is needed:
gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/v2

The "Search Veronica-2" link is actually supposed to either render as a form
to submit the search or, in some clients, an item which then brings up a
form which you can then use to submit the query (but I think the former
option of just rendering the form may well be a nicer UI).

I'm not sure how difficult making this work will prove to be but am happy to
help where I can.

Cheers,
Adam.

* [edbrowse-dev] Gopher item type 7
@ 2019-08-22 19:55 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2019-08-22 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

> When entering keywords in the newly rendered form they vanished after a
> rerender event.

Wow, this is a much bigger problem.
jsrt is my test run, along with acid3, but I sometimes, often, forget to run jsrt with js disabled.
If you do, none of the form elements stick.
I don't remember this behavior before so must have done something bad in the last couple months.

Karl Dahlke

* [edbrowse-dev] Gopher item type 7
@ 2019-08-22 20:10 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2019-08-22 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Latest commit should fix the rerender problem.
We should be able to carry forward now.

Karl Dahlke