From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: edbrowse-dev@edbrowse.org
Subject: Include
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 23:28:08 -0500	[thread overview]

By request, and something folks had talked about before, .ebrc now has an include directive.

include = /home/mylogin/.ebsys/plugins

Include another file, like #include in C, or include() in m4.
This can be used to modularize your edbrowse settings:
mail accounts and filters in one file, plugins in another,
functions in another etc.
However, edbrowse -c only brings up the base config file, and would not provide direct access to these other files.
So it is a matter of tastewhether you like this approach.

I'm trying it out for a while, mostly to make sure the software works,
but I may go back to one .ebrc file.
Also that file is backed up every week so I can recover if I screw up;
if I keep settings in multiple files I have to upgrade my backup procedure.

But some people have a lot of functions, and keeping certain groups of functions in certain files could help keep track of things.

Well, enjoy.

Karl Dahlke