Folks, I had a clever, and somewhat frightening, and somewhat ugly thought, but no uglier that patching and building quickjs ourselves. I can enqueue a job manually, just as promise does, then scan the runtime structure to see what has changed. This is, hopefully, the location of the jobs queue. The commit is 42d5b695989a9dc92dc66a7de6f92176d2e0a0de Look at it as a patch file and see what I did. I encourage you brave souls to try it out. If we all decide it works, and is safe, then we can delete tools/quickjobfixup, and remove all those instructions about patching and building quick from source, and just link to the quick package, if one is distributed and available. Of course if there is no quick package, and there often isn't, the user or the package manager can still build quick from source, but he doesn't have to patch it. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Comments welcome. Karl Dahlke