From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>, Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] showscripts()
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:58:05 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Karl,

Got interested in trying your showscripts(), especially about your
choices on how to nicely split javascript into better readable lines...
I have tried this a few times in the past, and was interested in another
persons idea on how to do that...

But ran into the problem that I can not compile eb,  in Windows... you
have added a strcasestr() in http.c which does not exist in Windows
system libraries...

I have started looking around, and so far it seems we will have to write
our own substitute function in windows... should not be too hard... and
see at least one example out there where this has been done...

But before I do this, thought I should check in with you... maybe you
know of something... and alternative...

Concerning a Windows compression/decompression library I have seen, and
used https://zlib.net, in several projects. The total source is less
than 500K, and has always compiled well in Windows... and if setup in
CMakeLists.txt can use the unix install, which always seems to be there...

But the first step is getting eb to compile in Windows... any help
appreciated... thanks...

Regards, Geoff.