From: MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr>
To: Adam Thompson <arthompson1990@gmail.com>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Update Edbrowse
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 15:47:50 +0200	[thread overview]

I'm going to have alook at this, since at the last time of checking, the
js 31 package (from experimental) contained a broken symlink in place of
jsapi.h. Also, do you know of any docs for mozjs 31, as all docs on the
mozilla website talk about mozjs 24.

The situation of JS support in Mozilla 31 is not clear for me. That is
why I filled bug 758928 on Debian about libmozjs, so that the maintainer
could explain to me the situation. We can also write to
icedove-dev@packages.debian.org to contact the maintainers and asking.
It's my next task if no an]ier on my "bug" report.

>> After checking, freeze happens on November. So:
>> 1. Do you want now to work on compatibility with JS 31?
>> 2. Otherwise, I propose we wait end of September to be sure Edbrowse builds
>> on any architecture without problem. Next, you could release in 1st 15 days
>> of October. Then I could introduce the released package in sid (October,
>> 15th), and it willl go to testing (and be frozen) on Octoberb 25th.
>> Does it fit? Do you want a more restricted schedule?
> The timings sound fine to me provided the new edbrowse package runs correctly.
> Incidentally, I'd be interested to see how you built this as the last time I
> tried against a Debian packaged mozjs  it segfaulted as soon as you attempted to run it.

You can see the package with apt-get source edbrowse. I think it ships
the debian/ dir. See rules file to see what happens. If you want to try
seeing exactly what does dh-auto_build, you can run pdebuild or
dpkg-buildpackage and you will see the commands it run (as it displays
make output).

I do not any particular thing, but I rely on libmozjs24.0 package, which
seems more reliable. That's also why I wait for September 15th, to see
if someone has a segfault or if the Debian Release team find a conflict
with a Mozilla tool (that is why it was removed from Debian). Feedbacks
will enable to test now it works. Maybe the libmozjs had a successful
update.

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail: texou@accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu