From: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net>
To: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] High Unicodes
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:21:42 -0800	[thread overview]

I agree. Let the adapters do it.
You'll still have to transform things like &ldquo; but into their
unicode equivalents such as “.

The transforms also are being done at the wrong time. If someone writes
a UTF-8 html file,
any UTF8 characters they type won't be transformed. For example:
&#ldquo;“&#8220;
turns into “““ in Firefox, but "“` in edbrowse.
They're all the same character, just encoded differently.