* [Edbrowse-dev] deleting in browse mode
@ 2015-09-15  7:47 Tyler Spivey
From: Tyler Spivey @ 2015-09-15  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

After updating, I can browse the fragments and be where I expected. Great.

But now I can't delete in browse mode, so my reddit cleanup macro fails.

Thinking about it a bit more, this is really a terrible way to do things.
Maybe I need to write something to unbrowse the page, write it to a temp
file, pull the parts I want, then re-browse it.
But I'd have to do this for every site, and it's not that easy. And
sites change.

* [Edbrowse-dev]  deleting in browse mode
@ 2015-09-15  8:30 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-09-15  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I'm afraid I had to disable, perhaps temporarily, perhaps forever, I don't know,
the delete command in browse mode.
I'd like to have it back though.
I could use some ideas from you all.

The reasoning is simple.
Under the new model, the tree is rerendered after javascript does anything.
So if you delete a line, once the tree is rerendered that line will come back.
Worse still, it will happily tell you that the line was added back in.
This line could be half of a text node, several more nodes, then half of another text node.
Or it could be just a slice of one very long text node.
What is the best way, or even any way,
to bring back the delete feature in the new model?

Karl Dahlke