* [Edbrowse-dev] nls-edbrowse problem
@ 2015-05-21 16:13 Lawrence Baggett
From: Lawrence Baggett @ 2015-05-21 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hi,

I'm having trouble at nlsbard with the latest edbrowse.

I downloaded the binaries edbrowse and edbrowse.js, and everything seems
fine. Even the google problem doesn't exist any longer it seems.

However, I can't seem to download a book from nls.  I reach the site,
search for a book, click on download, and it just sits there. If I type
anything, like ctrl-C or return I get dropped out of edbrowse.

Any ideas?

Did I install the binaries incorrectly. All I did was download them.

Many thanks,

Larry

* [Edbrowse-dev]  nls-edbrowse problem
@ 2015-05-21 16:57 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-05-21 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I don't know anything about nls; but if it is an ftp download then you will
need the fix that I made just this morning.
Chris are you an nls user?

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] nls-edbrowse problem
@ 2015-05-21 18:37   ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-05-21 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> Chris are you an nls user?

No, but Deedra is, and it works fine here, both with executables
compiled from source and the static binaries available from the edbrowse
site.  They don't use ftp at all.  At times, their site can be
*extremely* sluggish.  My guess is that this is what is happening.  Try
setting db4 and retrying the download.

Obligatory reminder: if you plan to send debugging output to the list,
always check it for cookies, passwords, and other secrets beforehand.
developers@edbrowse.org is probably the best place to send it, as well,
since this is private.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] nls-edbrowse problem
@ 2015-05-21 23:27     ` Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2015-05-21 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

I'm a heavy NLS user, and it works fine here too. The original message
said he "clicked on" the download link, but clicking is not in the
edbrowse vocabulary. If he pressed enter, he would just go to the next
line, usually a blank line, and sit there as he described. The usual way
to select that link is to press g, then enter, and that's what works for
me. I nowadays always use background downloads.

Chuck

--
"It is the absence of knowing that allows the discovery of the new."
 -- Steven Harrison.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] nls-edbrowse problem
@ 2015-05-23 16:53 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-05-23 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Your NLS issue should be fixed, and new statically-linked binaries are
available from the usual place.

-- Chris