* [Edbrowse-dev] 201
@ 2015-02-18  2:35 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-02-18  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I was reading about http 201
and not sure what they mean by preferred uri in the location field.
Should I be treating this like 301 302 303 etc, looking for
location=
in the http headers, and jumping to that if present?
It would be farily easy to clump 201 in with 301 through 308,
if that is the right thing to do.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] 201
@ 2015-02-18 14:26 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-02-18 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> Should I be treating this like 301 302 303 etc, looking for
> location=
> in the http headers, and jumping to that if present?

It isn't really clear to me, either.  I mean, a 2xx response code
indicates success, and a 3xx code indicates a redirect.
I don't think we're supposed to redirect on a 201.
I'm even more convinced after seeing this discussion on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4584728/redirecting-with-a-201-created

-- Chris