A forwarded message from Leonardo Taccari is below. The list software dropped it because he's not a subscriber. His patch is attached, and it looks like a straightforward fix to me. I will apply it. -- Chris -- BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE -- Dear edbrowse community, I've noticed that a possible NULL pointer dereference can occours in inputLine() function defined in src/buffers.c (I have builded edbrowse on NetBSD and readline(3) API is provided by editline(3) but probably it also happens directly via readline(3), altough I've not tested the later case). In order to reproduce the issue (where ^D is the EOF character, usually typed via CTRL-d): $ edbrowse rl ^D The attached patch in this email should fix this issue. PS: if further information is needed please cc: me as I am not subscribed to this ML.