Hi Adam Thompson schrieb am 09.02.2023, 8:13 +0000: >On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 05:33:03AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: >> I don't understand why there would be security concerns with quickjs. It is >> a language interpreter. It either works or it doesn't. All the security >> concerns fall on edbrowse, which is already packaged in several distros. > >To provide a little more context, whereas adding an additional interpreter >does create an additional package requiring security support, it is no more >than any other library as far as its integration with Edbrowse. We're a lot >less js-centric in terms of our browsing engine than other browsers and >Quickjs is a lot more of a pure interpreter than more browser-integrated js >engines, at least that's how it appears. Thanks for the context and your clarifications. My intent has not been to enforce any decision or to criticise what is being done. I know that the developer base of Edbrowse is small and I am working in similar projects to know the maintenance burden of dependencies. This is exactly why I brought this up: understanding the rationale behind the decision. However, I still ask for a bit more understanding for the Debian view, as the Security team needs to know about QuickJS (among more than 38000 other packages). QA is taken seriously, so my e-mail is just a step in that process :-). I'll take your arguments to the security team and let's see where it goes. It might well be that QuickJS is soon in Debian with the arguments made. Thanks Sebastian