From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>, edbrowse-dev@edbrowse.org
Subject: Re: [edbrowse-dev] Threads
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 03:30:36 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Karl,

This use of pthread.h opens the w32 port... I forget since when,
the cmake build of the windows port **required** this... maybe
since the beginning...

That means I was able to quickly code, an UNTESTED port, using
the DOSLIKE flag...

So in my fork, I have coded an **untested** set of fixes,
mainly on ftruncate/truncate WIN32 replacements...

See https://github.com/geoffmcl/edbrowse/tree/pthreads-w32

I have not yet created a PR, since I would like to test,
and confirm, the replacements work equivalently, and then
remove my very loud TODO flags... which signal untested...

But what is the use? Simply are there any edbrowse users
running in Windows? Who care about, uses, a W32 port...

If not why not? Need to begin to understand...

Is setting up the edb dependencies just too difficult? Can
we help with that??

Or what??? Other ways to read/navigate the web... big question!

I could do some testing, if given a sort of baby script to
read a web site, where multiple js and css are needed,
before rendering the page... trap, and check equivalence...

Certainly need big HELP testing...

And you certainly need a pat on the back for diving into
something new...

Regards, Geoff.