From: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckhallenbeck@gmail.com>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com, baggett@Colorado.EDU
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Continuing Amazon issue
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:33:53 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

Okay, I will do that, but first I have been preparing another email to
the list, let me insert it here:

Hi Karl, Kevin, and all,

Well, I have Karl's db5 run successfully signing into Amazon,  and
I have my own attempt to replicate that data in order to diff the
two outputs.

However, as I indicated, I seem to have a runaway looping situation
in which debugging output never stops long enough for me to issue
other commands following the very first one,

e www.amazon.com

When my patience was exhausted, I typed "q" and pressed enter,
and edbrowse terminated, leaving me with a script slightly smaller
than Karl's.  Here's what I did next, which I hope will be of some use:

Opening Karl's script file, I search backwards for this:  delete cg

and I found this at line 173304:

> delete cg$$134

Turning to my own script file, in which the only two commands I ever
issued were "e www.amazon.com" and "q", I repeated the backward search
and found this at line  116943:

> delete cg$$740

Finally, What I founnd in Karl's file was 523 lines before the end
of the script, and what I found in mine was 524.

It looks to me like my execution is doing something very different from
what Karl's is doing, so I'm not sure what to do next. Should I let
my own effort run longer? Should I post what I have or do something
else with it locally here?  I'm definitely in over my head but will
do whatever it takes to get more useful information.  Trouble is,
I don't know what's useful and what's not.

--
Here In Northeast Ohio also, The Moon is Waning Gibbous (53% of Full)
When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.