From: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckhallenbeck@gmail.com>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] amazon and its JS
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:55:45 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

Hi Kevin, Karl, and all,

Let me try to recap my situation a bit.  When I run edbrowse on my
ArchLinux OS, it does not segfault.  Not even when it is run with
db5 redirected to /tmp/log.  Like Kevin's experience though, it just
returns me to the login screen with minimum hint of what's wrong.

On Debian, running edbrowse without db5, it also never segfaults,
and like under Arch, does not recognize my credentials.  '

Edbrowse segfaults only under Debian, and only when db5 is invoked
and redirected.  I cannot run edbrowse with db5 set, unless it's also
redirected, because it's just too chatty.

I would be willing to give Karl access to my system if that would
help, except I have no access to my router to do any port-forwarding
or otherwise open it.  And frankly I'm feeling my age recently and
am having difficulty extending my skills to include such things as
mastering gdb, core dumps, and the like.  I'm an old dog and those
are new tricks.  But I'm good at following instructions.

And I'm patient, and appreciative, and am not about to abandon edbrowse
and my text console just to access Amazon.

Chuck

--
Here too, In Northeast Ohio, The Moon is Waning Crescent (10% of Full)
When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.