From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [edbrowse-dev] Threads
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:51:21 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Congratulations on the great work!  And commendations to Geoff also.  I
would be a candidate to compile for Windows but I think the expense
of the commercial compilers is probably what has stopped me when I
have occasionally thought about doing it.  It says "visual C studio is
assumed on Windows."  I never knew what to do when I read this.  I'm
sorry to ask this in a sleepy way after there was probably a thread about
it a while ago, but is there any chance of (a) cygwin or (b) DOS/CMD?
These environments are both a natural analog for CLI unix, are they not?

I was just telling Geoff offlist that edbrowse would be absolutely lovely
and useful at my new job, so this could be the moment when I become the
guinea pig (and even work on it during the day a little?  :)  ) and it
will redound to the firm's benefit, I'm sure.

Either way, thank you Geoff, Jim and others.  Tidy5 developers should be
commended early and often, it's such a crucial backbone I hardly think
about it anymore!